Saturday, December 8, 2012

Be My Guest


Before Pictures:

Yup, that's it.  Apparently I only have one picture of the guest room before I did anything to it.  I guess there wasn't much to the room. 

During:


Picture to see how close the window frame is to the door frame.  Yea, that was fun to paint!





Trimming the room with paint





Back left corner.  Left wall painted




Hard to see the color, sorry!






I enjoyed painting this room.  Not too sure why, maybe the colors, who knows.  It def took some patience to get a nice straight line between the two walls when painting the darker purple.  Also it was hard picking out the color.  I went a shade darker for the guest bathroom because I didn't want it to be holy crap purple, but its very hard to tell that the bathroom is purple (will post those next).  The room was empty until the weekend before labor day when I had the bed delivered for Mom and Dad.  Problem was when I ordered the bed rails, they sent a king instead of a queen.  So the first night they were here they had to sleep on the bed...on the floor! 

They brought down the furniture from my bedroom at home (which obviously is no more).  I finally got around to putting up curtains this weekend (many months after moving in) and lets just say that putting up curtains is meant to be a two person job.  Being that I'm stubborn, I did it on my own and they aren't perfect.  While putting them up, I learned that the left window is larger than the right in this bedroom. 

I still want to find something to use as a night stand on the right (when looking at it) side of the bed.  May make something or just yard find something.  We'll see.  Also, I've been looking FOREVER for a stupid hanging decorative hook for a picture in the bathroom.  Yea, it's a little hard to find them...if you do please pick one up for me!

After: *obviously decorated for Christmas


Yes, the door knob is upside down.  Took me 26 days to realize that one!











*The pictures didn't come out as great as I wanted.  I'll try to take new ones at night so you can see the curtains better.  Also a little side note about the curtains...the window on the right is super close to the door frame which makes it hard for the curtain rods.

Paint Color: Ice Follies (main walls)
Notable Hi-Lite Purple (accent wall)

Update:  Took down the garland and retook some pictures.  I took advice from pinterest and hung the curtains a little higher and further out so that not a lot of the window is taken up by the curtains.  Like I said before, it was a little harder with the window on the right because of the door frame.  Also, turns out that the window on the left is larger than the other two windows (one in the bathroom).  Haven't checked out the kitchen windows to see if that's the case down there as well.
Curtains minus the garland



No comments:

Post a Comment