![]() |
| Guest room |
I think it turned out pretty well...minus the tear in the paper because of the screwdriver. I went ahead and did it in the bathroom too. I was liking how it looked so much that I decided I wanted to add a little spice to my bedroom as well. I already had paper that matches my bedroom because of my jewelry box/picture frame that I knew it was fate. Well, I kinda forgot that I have 4 light switch covers between my bedroom and bathroom. So as of right now, I only have the covers for my bedroom done because I ran out of paper! Here's to hoping that Hobby Lobby has another sheet of this paper!
I didn't do my covers the same way that the woman over at The REAL Housewives of Riverton did hers. Follow along as I walk you through the steps that I took....
Step One: Cut paper a little larger than the switch place cover.
![]() |
| Paper is larger than plate |
Step Three: Make a cut from corner of paper to corner of switch plate. Then cut off excess (I learned that maybe this isn't the best method because with the plates for my bedroom this created a "hole" which I didn't have on the guest bedroom. Don't even know what I did different either!)
![]() |
| Corner to Corner cut |
![]() |
| Trimming extra...maybe I should have left it like this |
![]() |
| Don't do a corner cut like this...may have been my issue |
Step Five: Using an Xacto knife, cut an X through the hole for the light switch. Fold these back as you did with the edge to MP to the back. Repeat step four with the middle.
![]() |
| Slits in the screw area and an X to let the light switch through. |
Step Six: I added a little bit of MP to the pieces of paper that I folded to the back to keep them laying flat. Prob not that needed, just extra insurance for my piece of mind.
Step Seven: Add a thin ,even coat of MP to the front of the switch plate. If you figure out how to avoid the bubble please let me know. I didn't notice many with the guest room one and that could be because it was a darker color. Maybe that's the trick....
![]() |
| Let these puppies dry! |
Step Eight: Carefully screw back into the wall. Try and use a smaller screwdriver than needed to prevent my little mistake.
So that's how I did it. Not saying at all that the other blog did theirs wrong. Just sharing how I completed mine :o)
PS. This made me realize that I have yet to reveal my bedroom. Go figure its because I can't figure out either what to put on the wall or where to put something on the wall. Haven't found something to go over my bed or shelves to put on the wall with my jewerly box (white or black?). Also I have two pictures that I can't figure out how to display them. Maybe I'll post and hope I get some suggestions!










No comments:
Post a Comment