Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dad's Visit

Monday morning started early with a trip to Home Depot to rent a power washer and pick up a bunch of other random things.  The lack of internet the past few weeks has hindered me from updating this, causing me to forget some things!

I know I picked up some felt pads for the living room chairs and tables, some cleaning supplies.  Not too sure all about the issues with the power washer but we didn't get one there. Next stop was Lowes for a power washer, light bulbs, a hose and other silly house things.  Finally made it back to the house a little after 11 or so and I needed to get started on painting my bedroom since the carpet guys were coming that afternoon.

Took a while to get the room taped off and then to trim around the entire room.  But once I finally got started, I hear Dad yell "Jennifer!  The carpet guy is here."  Now at this point, I may or may not have dropped the f-bomb and Dad may or may not have said nice mouth.  Well then as I'm coming down the stairs sure enough the carpet guy is in the house and may or may not heard me possibly drop the f-bomb (if I really did).  So once I cleaned up my paint mess in the bedroom, he got to work on the carpets (very cute by the way).  While he was on the carpets, I decided to paint the laundry room.

When the guy was working on the stairs I had offered him some water.  After he declined, I had said "See, I am nice.  I may have the mouth of a sailor but I do have some manners."  I also said something along the lines of being from NY and he said "yea, when your dad answered the door I had a feeling.  But then when I heard you, it was confirmed."  Glad I'm able to hold onto some of my NY roots even if its the dirty mouth :op

So while I was inside painting, Dad was working around the house of whatever projects he was finding.  After the sun got to the back of the house, Dad was working on getting rid of those ugly green shrubs.

Being that Dad was here for a few days, it's hard to go day by day at this point.  We made a few trips to Lowes and Home Depot.  Two door knobs were installed, the deck was power washed, the gutter over the garage was fixed (didn't know anything was wrong until I saw birdies out the window drinking the water), shrubs were taken out, drainage tubes were installed to the gutters, flat screen bracket was removed and plenty more that I just can't think of.  He did lots of work and even left a pair of shoes here which must mean he'll continue work on his next visit!!

Moving men came on the 25th and that was pretty amazing to watch.  The only pics I have of that are of the red carpet they rolled out.  It took them about three hours to load up the truck over at the apartment because they pad and wrap everything!  It was kinda strange though because you don't want to be in the house getting in their way or just stalking them and you don't want to just sit down somewhere inside.  I ended up sitting outside on the steps and played a game of guess what that piece of furniture is!  They were here for a total of 5 hours. 

At one point I ran up to my bedroom to get something and the guy was in the room putting the bed together.  Well I got slightly nervous because the bed was so close to the dresser!  Like so close that I wouldn't be able to pull my drawers out!  No worries though because the dresser wasn't all the way up against the wall!

The furniture fits in great with the house.  It was like I bought it for here and not hte apartment!  Now I just need to get a  bed for Mom and Dad's visit so they aren't stuck on the couch like Dad was.  I'll add pictures later this weekend from moving day. 

Before I took Dad back to the airport, he rigged up one of those tennis ball on a string thing for me in the garage. Although, he didn't use a tennis ball.  Somehow, he managed to find a wiffle ball in my stuff...where I still don't know....and used that inside.  Unfortunately, it had slipped and dropped down a bit and this was after I already moved my car because they were going to be paving that day (yes, I was saved by a day!), so I had to measure it and we went from there.  It ended up being way too low but at least it was up there and I was able to get it to the correct height on my own (thanks to my 6ft ladder!)

Oh I would like to say that as anal as it may have seemed how I was moving everything into the garage by having signs up on all the walls and putting the boxes in the proper room section....it worked wonders that first night when I had to go down and find some clean bed shits!  It didn't take me more than 3 minutes to find them!!  Yay for being organized!

Dad if you are reading: Thanks so much for everything you did when you came down!  It was a lot of help even if I can't remember all that you did!  And yay for us for not having any melt downs or you snapping (the last day about the weather doesn't count)


Ready to paint!

All trimmed out




I enjoy how that looks with the three doors
 

And this was when the carpet man came!







First dinner on the deck

First sunset




Found an unfinished project of Dad's

Yay!  My first bit of mail!

The only bit of painting Dad did because I couldn't reach!!  THANKS!

Moving day just hanging out

Clark LOVES his new home!

Power washing!




1 comment:

  1. Adding pictures on here really is a pain in the butt to make it look nice!

    ReplyDelete