The table was essentially the same thing I saw at Walmart for $20 more. They also had nice chairs, but each chair was $20....X 6 would be $120 just for the chairs! No thanks, I'll keep looking. Being that we were in two cars now, I asked Mom and Lisa if they wanted to go to Target and Lowes with me to see what they had. We stopped at the Target that was near the GR on Barrett. So in my head, I knew that the table was at Walmart for $60. The picture that I had taken on my phone (of the box) made the table look like it was brown. All I needed were the chairs unless I found something better. Target had chairs that were on clearance for $14.
Problem was they only had 4 tan chairs, also the chairs were black but pretty sure that Walmart also had the table in black. We wanted to make sure that if the chairs didn't fit into my car that we would be able to put them on hold until Dad was able to come back over with the trailer. She checked, it wasn't possible. She also checked and found out that the Hiram Target had ten of the tan chairs in stock. Rather than risking the issue of buying then having to return because they didn't fit and then having to have Dad come to this target and then the other target to get the chairs we decided we would just drive over there to get them all from one place.
Make our trek to Hiram to get the tan chairs that the computer system is telling us then have. Get to Target, go straight to the clearance outdoor section and see a whole stack of the chairs. Small problem.... they were these:
Now, I'm having a hissy, walking up and down all aisles to see if they might be someplace else. End up asking the lady who works there and she said that someone came the other day and bought a bunch of them. Turns out, on the weekends they don't update their systems right away. The guy gives me a print out of all the Target's in my area that have them in stock....according to the computer. The Target in Flowery Branch said they have 60. I call them up and apparently they have zero. Yes, that is correct. 6-0 is what the computer said and they had 0 in stock. Called another Target and they had zero as well even though the system was saying they had 21. Clearly, I'm not going to be getting the tan. Now I have to decide what I want to do about this. Staring at the colors for awhile and decided that I'm going to settle for the red. Call up Dad, ask him if he could meet us out there with the trailer. Anderson was napping, they had to wake him up and get the car seat into the truck and then make their way over to us....about a 20 minute right or so but with the trailer it was going to be longer.
Being that I'm buying these now, might as well try and stop at a Walmart to pick up the table all in one trip. First I called my Walmart and the guy put me on hold while he was looking and never got back to me. I ended up hanging up on him because Lisa called her Walmart and the woman said that yes, the table is black and we have one put together and one in the box. She put my name on the box and was going to hold it for us. Hanging out in the chair aisle and guarding my chairs until they got closer with the trailer. One plus to the red chairs, they were on sale for $12.50! I ended up getting 8 "just in case" with the thought of returning the two extras if I didn't need them.
Dad, Dan, and Anderson arrived and parked in the middle of the parking lot. The guy couldn't bring the little flat bed dolly thing out there so we got to carry the chairs (he ended up carrying 4 out there himself) out to the truck. Poor little Anderson did not look comfortable at all in the back seat but he didn't seem to care because he was getting to ride in the big truck with the trailer!
Chairs picked up, on the way to the Walmart to pick up the table. Get to Walmart, see my table in the happy little box and go just to make sure it is the correct table. Well, the table is brown just like in the picture. I'm told that's the only table they had. Ummm, I just bought 8 chairs that are def BLACK and this is going to look so silly. I know that the color difference would drive me absolutely crazy but I also knew that Dad was already not too happy and I didn't want to set his head off. I debated back and forth, asking opinions. Lisa was saying that you wouldn't really be able to tell and Dad said that you will be sitting in the chair looking at the table, you ain't gonna pay attention to it. Mom stood quietly. I was going back and forth, looking around at all the other things Walmart had.
Found tan chairs that actually matched the table although they were not the exact same as the other ones. I was slightly disappointed because I grew to the idea of having red chairs. But it was an easy decision to make because I knew the black/brown would drive me crazy.
Only problem was I had to go make sure that it wouldn't set Dad's head off to have to go and return the red chairs at the Target that is closer to Dan's house. He made it sound like it wasn't going to be a big deal. We have the trailer so we can just take care of it. I bought everything and had it on a little flat bed cart thing again and promised the guy we weren't going through the whole parking lot just to the side of the store. I quick unloaded the red chairs so we could get the tan chairs to the back of the trailer and have the red chairs at the front for easy unload when we get to Target.
Load it up, and head over to Target. Have the guy ready to meet us outside with a flat bed thingy. Dad arrives, unload, closes it up, and I realize that my purse was in the back of the trailer. Yea, that might have been the moment that I set his head off on this trip. Crazy thing about returning the chairs to Target. Because they were on clearance and purchased and then returned, they were essentially "dead" to Target. The store could no longer sell them again. So 8 perfectly good red chairs are being sent back to the store because their only problem was they were the wrong color. Such a sad day in the chair world :op
So that was out adventure of the day! Thanks for coming along on the ride Mom and Lisa. Thanks for driving all around Cobb Dad and Dan.




No comments:
Post a Comment