Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holiday Recap

It's been 157 days since I've moved into the house.  My first Halloween has come and gone  As I type that I realize I prob haven't posted any picture of that.  I just checked and that's not true because I posted my fall foyer so I was a little on top of the game.  I do have pics of my pumpkin and the lights I put up in the window.  I also made it a point to roast pumpkin seeds this year and to make sure that I remembered to put some sort or grease/oil/butter on it!  They turned out Ah-mah-zing...actually was craving some of them just yesterday!


Spider web in the kitchen window

Wreath from Karen W.

Charlie Brown pumpkin

Dee-lish!
I slacked on decorating for Thanksgiving.  Well, that's not true....I slacked on taking pictures!  I had a few decorations up.  Turns out that I don't really have to many things for Thanksgiving.  I think Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations fall into harvest and if a pillow, place mats, and one or two other things count then I was decorated!

Went on an Ah-mah-zing cruise to the Bahamas for Thanksgiving. There was 17 of us in the group.  I think I decided that a cruise is the best way to go on vacation when going with a group.  Everyone can do what they want, don't have to worry about renting a car or anything and if you'd like to meet up with one another you can.  I had a great time and can't wait to go on another.  Being that I have over 500 pics from said cruise I'll limit myself to only add 5 pictures.  Now the trick is to pick out my fav 5 haha.

Boarding the ship

Heavy waves that almost took us out!

Our ship: NCL Sky

14 of us

Me, Donna, Mom (?), Mary (?)

Now on to our current month!  Mom and Dad came down for my graduation on the 14th.  I took the day off from work to make sure that I had the place all cleaned up for them and just to enjoy my day.  Graduation was nice, lasted about an hour and a half.  Dee, Vic, and JP had come as well.  M, D, JP, and I went to Helen on the way home and walked around and had a nice lunch.  Later in the evening Dan, Lisa, and Anderson had come over then we all went out to eat.



Now onto Christmas.  Here are some pictures from around the house of all my festiveness.  Hard to take pictures of it all, and most of the pictures were taken with my phone so who knows the quality of them.  Even though I have a new camera, I always have my phone on me which makes it easier  to take the picture with that.  Some have already been posted (guest room) and being that it's the 29th I've started to take some things down already.  Next year I'll try to be better about taking pictures (will this blog still be going?).   I didn't put ANY of my village pieces out with is disappointing.  Had a hard time finding a spot for them, whereas at the apartment I just moved the entire dinning room table to the wall and used that!
Bedroom decor...may end up staying all year round!

Wreath on my bedroom door

Gumdrop bow for the kitchen tree (first bow I ever made!!)
Kitchen Tree (all baking related ornaments)

Guest room Christmas tree

Poinsettia garland in the guest room (one on each window)

Wreath on guest room door



Mantle



Christmas tree on Christmas Eve
Foyer flowers
Foyer.  I made the P canvas!

Garland going up the railing


 Didn't get a good picture of my Christmas lights.  I'll try tomorrow night being that its almost midnight.  Here is what I was able to get though.  I fought with those a little because I have twinkling lights and one set wasn't twinkling and well now the other set isn't all going.  I'll have to play with them when I take them down for the year.  I won't lie, I could let those lights drive me crazy!  If I do get a better picture I'll be sure to post that.

Twinkling lights on the garage and outcoves and candles in the windows.


Had a baking day at my house on Saturday.  We each had our own recipe to take care of.  Christmas Eve was at my house.  I cooked dinner for 11 people and could you believe that I had A LOT left over!  Clearly my Dad has taught me well that having too much food it better than not having enough!  The one exciting thing was that it was my first Christmas since I've moved to Georgia that I got to wake up in my own bed on Christmas morning!  Some years (2) I went home for Christmas and others (3) although I stayed here, I always went over to Danny's house.  Since they were in Oklahoma, Mom and Dad stayed at my HOUSE and we had Christmas morning here.  It was very nice especially since it was my first Christmas in the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment