Monday, July 2, 2012

7 Days Closer!

Well, it seems that my life is all about count downs these days.  I have a fabulous little app on my phone that I'm able to have as many count downs  as I want.  I can have little pictures to go with them in the bottom corner, change the colors and everything!  (Its the little things people).

There are currently 5 count downs on my phone.  3 of which are for the house!  In fact, I just added the third and most exciting one today!  Got a phone call today from Trudy to let me know that she emailed me yet another form.  Wanted me to sign it and fax it over as soon as I could.  In addition to this she let me know that once I get that paper to her (and then she gets it to the underwriter), we will be looking at a closing date of NEXT Friday!!  Yes, that is one whole week sooner than I had expected!  Oh and yes, that would be Friday the 13th but that's ok!

So my countdowns are: 11 days til closing, 18 days til the old closing (guess I can take that off), 34 days until I have to be out of the apartment completely, 139 days til the family cruise and 166 days til graduation!! 

Now that I have a slightly more concrete closing date, I can start looking a little closer at plans for how things are going to go.  The plan is to slowly move the boxes that I have packed up into the garage once the closing happens.  Wait, first things first would be to purchase a new front door handle/lock and install that (along with a garge doorknob...oh and I need a garage door opener remote).  THEN slowly move the boxes into the storage section of the garge.

I'm going to try and find a cleaning service to come in possibly that Saturday (do they do that on Saturdays?) to do a heavy cleaning on the place.  Have the carpet people come in the following day, or Monday, to clean the carpets and possibly the air ducts pending the price of that.  Then I get to do some painting, all while slowly moving my boxes into the garage.  I know that there are some scuffs on the walls from the previous owners moving out, I'm curious if that can be cleaned out by the cleaners....I doubt it but worth a try.  I like the color the main rooms already are, so I don't know how to go about finding out what it is to possibly just touch up those places.  Kinda don't want to have to repaint the ENTIRE place.  If that's the case I might have to buy a couple 24 packs and invite some friends over for a painting party!  Too bad I'm too much of a control freak in that area I wouldn't do so well doing that.

I go back to work on July 30 and the kids come August 6.  I have to be out of the apartment by August 4th, so I might schedule the moving company to come right before I go back to work that way I can slowly start to unpack that week of pre-planning.  Again everything is so up in the air even though I have a closing date now.  It all depends on how fast I can get things done.  Eeek!

Off to FINISH packing my bedroom.  Or at least attempt to finish, have to leave some clothes out to wear I suppose.  At the point where I need to stop the ADD and focus on finishing one room before moving onto the next!


And this is what my living room as turned into.
*Yes, that is The Notebook on the tv!


No comments:

Post a Comment