Saturday, April 16, 2011

You Can't Be Serious??

Everyone has their list of deal breakers.  These are the things that when you walk into a house you say to yourself, "you can't be serious...they have (insert something crazy here)."  Well don't be shocked when I say that I too have a list of deal breakers.  Yet again, I'm sure you'll be saying to yourself;  "She is really going to pass up on a house because of that??"  The answer is most likely, yup!  Granted, maybe if everything else in the house is what I'm looking for and there is a minor deal breaker, I may change my mind. 

Anywho, here is my small list of deal breakers which some I might have mentioned before.  See already forgetting who I've told something to or even if I simply typed it!

  • wallpaper
  • ugly kitchen
    • all white (this one I'm on the fence about actually)
    • floor (not too sure what it's even called but I know I don't like it)
  • Difficult driveway
    • hard to back out of
    • crazy garage that you have to turn into resulting it to be hard to back out of
      • Clearly I'm not a fan of having to back out of driveways....Mom (& Dad too I think) hit the stone wall once!
  • dirt yard (sounds crazy but I've seen them on the internet)
    • a yard that is filled with pine straw
      • snakes!
  • wood paneling
  • super old school appliances
  • not cute
  • small tiles in the shower
  • zero storage in the bathroom
  • not enough closet space
And yes, I understand that cosmetic things can be changed.  I know that carpet can be replaced if it's a heinous green color and you can easily paint over wallpaper (ghetto) but my theory is why settle for a house just because it's the right price when I'm going to have to put more money into fixing it to be the way that I want. 
Changing switch plates so they aren't gold = $
Replacing all carpets because they are stained or a ugly color = $$$
(Already, W is fighting me on this list!)

I had a candy wrapper taped to my old computer screen (dove....delicious) that saids: Never Settle.
Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment