 |
| House One - Basement apartment |
- at bottom of hill
- 3 fire ant hills near garage
- flagpole off of garage!
- fridge (first one we've seen)
- linoleum
- eat in kitchen
- no pantry
- island
- need carpet throughout basement apartment
- need stove in apartment
- water damage in basement (on wall)
- lock at top of stairs to main house
- one long guest room
- small master bath
- nice closet in master
- foggy windows due to double panes (and some other nonsense I don't understand)
 |
| Coat closet, nice place for a plant! |
 |
| Basement kitchen |
Not bad, would have to put money towards finishing off the basement apartment. Could help me pay the mortgage if I could rent it out...but is that something I would want to deal with? Laundry room was on the first floor off of the kitchen while the bedrooms are on the second floor. Also I don't think I noticed a set up in the apartment for laundry. When it comes to the apartment there is only one set up for air and electric. Would have to split those bills.
 |
| House Two |
- needs a new roof
broken windows (three)
dented front door
needs new carpet (missing)
missing wood in kitchen
tree down in backyard
fenced backyard
plumbing leak in garage
graffiti all over garage
multiple holes throughout the house
water leak in bedroom
small office/bedroom with deck
 |
Some of the carpet that was left in the house
Stairs at the front door |
 |
Best thing about the house
Stayed the whole time we were there! |
 |
| The newest way to cool your house |
 |
| A mural for the living room |
I could get this house for a steal. I need to think about all the work that needs to go into the house before I could even move into it though. All carpets need to be replaced, I would need to purchase three windows. There are multiple holes that need to be repairs. The floor in the kitchen would need to be replaced due to missing boards. All rooms including the garage would need to be painted. In addition to this work though, in reality the house is only two bedrooms. The room at the top of the stairs is a small room (could be great for a child) BUT this room has a deck off of it. Granted no stairs that lead to the ground but I know I wouldn't feel safe with a kid in a room with their own deck.
The house also has a very strange flow to it. You enter and there are stairs and then a room to your right (living room). Walk down the hallway to the kitchen and eat in then another living room.
 |
| House Three |
- nice neighborhood (neighbor waved)
- "formal" living room
- single pane windows
- dining room
- power lines in backyard
- big backyard
- all appliances (stainless/black)
- 2 pantries (wood shelves)
- laundry closet upstairs
- large master
- security pad in master
- possible roof leak in master and master bath
- need new light in master
- closet organizer
- *may need to replace roof
 |
Entryway
Dining to left, living to right |
 |
| Another little friend |
 |
| Kitchen and eat in |
 |
Garage storage!
Will my Rubbermaid tubs fit on those shelves?? |
 |
| Large master |
Master bedroom was very large! The two other bedrooms were a nice size with nice size closets. All closets have wood shelves and hanging pole thingy. I've been spoiled since my second apartment in Albany with having the nice wire closet organizers. I'm a fan of those. Hm...does one redo the closets because I've been spoiled? Resell may be slightly tricky due to the power lines in the backyard. The kitchen had a large amount of cabinets, I wouldn't mind changing the counter tops at some point though. The garage had a very nice little out cove on the one side for storage!
 |
| House Four |
- very sloped lot
- yucky driveway to back out
- eat in kitchen
- sloped floor maybe in kitchen
- deck off kitchen
- all old appliances
- storage behind garage with workbench
- garage downstairs
- master on the main floor
- two bedrooms upstairs with nook and crannies
 |
| Cracked driveway |
 |
It's an oldie.
Is it a goody? |
 |
| Master bedroom off of entryway |
 |
| Master bath with octagonal window |
 |
| Nook |
The was a very dated house. We were very concerned about the slope of the property especially when we saw that the kitchen appeared to have a small slope in the floor. I did not like how the master was on the main floor off of the living room. The upstairs was small and the rooms were funny shaped with their nooks and crannies. Garage was nice. Would not enjoy backing out of the driveway everyday. Also the walkway to the front door was sloped as well. Did not like how the garage was under the house. I did like the cute little garden flag holder and the flag holder on the porch (both of which I can buy at the store!). Also this house had a very nice front porch with a swing. Oh another biggie was I was joking around with Ryan saying that I wouldn't be allowed to have friends over unless they had a gps system because there were way too many turns to try to give directions!!!
 |
| House Five |
 |
Soggy backyard
Chemicals from the wood are leaking into the yard |
 |
| Hello Veneers |
I'll admit, I wasn't very open to this house when we pulled up and go out and started to notice the little things around it. At first sight it was a nice neighborhood then you saw the HUGE rooftop of brandsmart. Well then the house is on a hill, nice that your backyard is completely separate from your neighbors but it is evident that all the rainwater flows into this yard. There was also some sorta of lumber that is chemically treated to not rot away. Well the shininess is leaking into the yard which Ryan believes is the chemicals. So we have a soggy backyard with possible chemicals. No good. We also noticed that the windows were foggy again, another chemical thing I don't know how to explain or understand!
Day two of my hunt didn't give me any wonderful results. I am trying to keep a very open mind and pick at least one house from every hunt that could be my "winner" of the day. My best option from this search was house number three. Must be the lucky number for houses with me. Hopefully getting more houses soon to look at. I don't want to wait too long and possibly have my house from last week be gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment