When I graduated undergrad, Dan had given me for Christmas a frame for my diploma. Love the color of the wood (cherry then kinda goes black) and that it's specifically from Strose. Grad school graduation comes around and Mom and Dad buy a diploma frame as a graduation gift. I decided to go for a little fancier frame (black and gold) because "a masters degree is fancier than a bach". Oh, the brain of a 24 year old. Looking back, I totally regret getting a different frame and wish that I didn't do that. Too late to go back on that decision now though.
Grad school graduation #2 comes rolling around and I know that I would like to get another diploma frame, the fancy expensive kind like my Strose frames. The company is the same from Strose and they have the same black and gold (at least my two graduate degrees will be matching). Let me actually back up and say that Grandma and P2 found a picture of St. Joseph's Hall on Strose campus at a craft fair and picked up for me for Christmas '11. I framed it in a cherry/black frame that matches the diploma frame. So, realistically I was going to have two cherry/black frames and then two black/golf frames.
Ordered my frame via phone on Monday and knew it would be here today. HUGE box in my outcove when I got home from work and was super excited to bust it out of the box. Well once I got it out, I noticed that something seemed a little off...more like 2 inches off!! The frame is exactly the same as the Strose masters frame with the exception that the mat is green because that's the school's color oh and it is TWO inches BIGGER than the Strose one. Apparently, the company decided to make their frames larger by two inches within the past 5 years. I even thought that I got the doctorate frame on accident, but nope. So here I was thinking that I could hang the diplomas and Strose picture exactly like the link above only to have that idea squashed because it'll look stupid since they are not all matchy matchy size wise. Any suggestions of how to fix this issue???
**Can't upload any pictures of the size difference or any of the frames because blogger apparently has been having issues for over a week.
*Was able to by using the ap on my phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment