I had a productive weekend being all sorts of crafty (canvas and thermostat cover). I wanted to work on my Wall of Shame canvas and found a tutorial on how to create a chevron print over at this website. I printed the directions (ya know, in case I forgot) and I got to work while watching the Falcons game. I didn't follow the directions to the T but what I did was use painters tape to create my boxes. I think my tape was one inch so I ended up with one inch boxes (like the blog had done). I figured if I did it this way I didn't have to pull out the ruler and laser level to make straight lines.
To make the diagonal lines, I used a credit card that way I didn't have to keep taking the tape on and off. I noticed that my left handedness was causing the whole canvas to be covered in pencil smearings. Which only meant that I was going to be doing a whole lot of erasing...which didn't work so well. Everything got two coats to make it look nice.
Sorry about the pictures, being that Blogger still hasn't gotten their act together to allow me to upload pictures, I have to use the app on my phone which means that its only phone pictures and not my new fancy camera. I have a post that I've been trying to add pictures to for over two weeks now, I just may resort to emailing the pictures to myself and then saving it to my phone just to get it posted! PS. Blogger if you are reading this....get this problem fixed ASAP!
I'll post a picture of it hanging when the wall of shame is completed.
Not a whole lot to share with my next project so it doesn't warrant a whole post dedicated to it. I've seen in the blog world cutesy frames that go around thermostats or alarm panels. Michaels has super thin "frames" that are scrolly and cute. I finally remembered to measure my thermostat and picked one up. I went with the green that the above P is painted, which is the same green that my Family Birthday sign is painted as. All I did was slap on two coats (took a long time though) and then put it up with scrapbooking 3D squares. Nothing hard at all. I think the result is a keeper.
| You can see my birthday sign in the background which is the same color green. |



No comments:
Post a Comment