Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's a SLOW Process

Let's look at these dates for a minute:
  • Closing: 7/19/12
  • Cleaning: 7/21/12
  • Painting: 7/23/12
  • Carpet Cleaning: 7/23/12
  • Moving Men: 7/25/12
  • Back to Work: 7/30/12 
Yea, about that last date.  Way too close to the moving men date!  I was able to get the kitchen done before I went back to work but everything else has been a SLOW process.  I have most of my clothes unpacked, did that this past weekend.  I find that I just don't get to unpacking when I get home from work.  Um, now that I have tv and internet as of yesterday, that doesn't help me too much either.  Especially since tonight I'm sitting here updating this blog.  Ah oh well. 

Let's talk about that tv bit for awhile.  Last Thursday, Aug 2, I had the direct tv people scheduled to come and install my tv.  Well due to the fact that my deck is very close to the neighbors we weren't able to put the dish on the deck like planned.  Then it came to I'm not sure what we are allowed to do because of the HOA and whatnot. And of course those people were not calling me back.  I hadn't heard from any of them, even though I had emailed and called multiple times.  Yea, that didn't make me happy.  Although, wait let me back up.  I had met the neighbors next door to me and while dad was outside at some point he started talking to Jessica.  I came out at this point and she gave me the email address for one of the HOA ladies.  I had emailed her that day and she got right back to me.  Granted it wasn't a whole lot of stuff that helped me at the time.  Well anyway, had to reschedule this guy because he couldn't continue until I knew where he could put he dish.

Well long story short, tv was half installed yesterday, I have to get an hd tv for my bedroom by Friday night so the guy can come back and finish the job on Saturday.  Luckily if he comes on Saturday, that means I'll be stuck in the house and that'll force me to do some more unpacking.  The internet it another story but of course with my luck the jack that is right next to the computer is busted so rather than paying $99 to have ATT fix that, I might attempt to fix that one myself.  Maybe I can find some cute guy at home depot or Lowes that could help me :op

DP & VP if you're reading: Thanks so much for your help yesterday.  Again, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment