Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Room Done!

It's been 21 days since I've moved into the house and  I finally have a room completed!  Granted it's only the half bathroom but at least its a start somewhere.  Not a whole lot was needed to do to this room except for paint and hand some pictures but I wanted to unpack first and then decorate.  But here's the truth...I got tired of unpacking and wanted to decorate and get the first floor done so I can have people over!

So here are the lovely before pictures:


Not many pictures of before but really its only a bathroom.  So the first thing I had to do was paint the room Concentrated Chromium.  Then replace the toilet seat.  Have you ever shopped for a toilet seat? There are a lot of options out there.  Almost went for the fancy "I won't slam whenever someone puts the seat down" but I figure "really how often is a guy going to be at my place using the toilet these days?"  Also, had Dad put in a toilet paper holder before he left.

Yesterday and today I took the time to hang my pictures onto the wall.  I was very precise and traced the pics onto newspapers so I would have the exact spot where the nail hole needed to go and so I can play around with arrangement.


I even went as far as measured the walls and made sure everything was centered on the wall as much as possible.  Very different from how I hung things up in any of my previous apartments.  Gosh, especially the apartment I had with Kelly when I made a wall of pictures and just threw them up wherever I thought they would look good.  I mean, I measured EVERYTHING about this project.  Feel free to make fun of me, but admit it, they look damn good!







Paint Color: Concentrated Chromium


No comments:

Post a Comment