Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hate Mail!

Well, it took 6 months but I finally got my first piece of hate mail from my HOA!!  Here's what my letter said:

We write to you on behalf of name removed to keep my exact location private to remind you of your association's declaration and/or rules and regulations regarding: 

EXTERIOR DECORATIONS: Please remove the holiday wreath from your home.

Your documents state: No owner shall display, hang, or store any clothing, sheets, blankets, laundry or other articles outside his unit, paint or decorate or adorn the outside of his unit without the prior written consent of the board.  Owners may maintain outdoor furniture and decorative foliage of a customary nature and appearance on a deck, terrace or patio.

True flipping story!



The cute little wreath that got me into trouble.  It is a WINTER wreath, not a CHRISTMAS wreath!

Does this mean I need to ask permission everytime I want to put something up???  Don't they realize that one of the main reasons I bought a house was to decorate it for the holidays?!?!

PS. Outside HIS unit.  I'm not a his.  Can only men own homes?

No comments:

Post a Comment