Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's All MINE!!!

Pictures for now, details on the crazy day later.  I'm thinking it might be nap time!


I waited outside for Dee to come so this is a legit picture of opening the door for the first time.

"You know that nobody would be able to tell if it wasn't really your first time, right?"



C'mon in!

So, the back door knob kinda fell off!


Getting rid of Dan's sign...just need to either have him get rid of the lock on my garage door or it'll be cut off!

I HAVE A MAILBOX!!!!



Well I never did take that nap, but that's ok.  So, how was my day you ask?  Lets see.  I guess I should start with last night being that I went over to Erica's house to use her printer (long story about my stupid printer) and noticed that my tire light was on.  Got out and checked out the tires and there was nothing wrong.  Still didn't feel comfortable driving all around town today with the light one.


So with that being said, my day started at 7 so I could shower and get over to walmart to have them check out my tires.  Made it to Walmart a little before 8:30.  Tires were checked, air was added, I drove off into the sunrise. Ha just kidding.

Next stop was the bank to get a certified check to cover closing.  I got to the bank at 8:56.  Yes I know the time because who gets to the bank before it's even open!!  That would be me!  Wait in the car til it was open, get the check then head to the business center to fax off a form.  Back to the apt to watch some tv before going over to the house for the walk through.

10:30 (well actually I was early) I'm at the house waiting in the driveway for Trudy to show up.


With my notebook in hand I started my journey around the house.  Made some notes and did what I was supposed to do.  It was easy I guess...I dunno.  Anyway, during this time, Trudy must have gotten a phone call.  Something about having to sign yet another form before we could go to the closing table.  So we have to go to Trudy's office to get that form, sign it and then fax it.  11:20ish I leave the office to head to where the closing was going to be head.  Down in Duluth, according to my phone 44 mins away.  Keep in mind that closing is at 12.  So I am on my way and get a call from Trudy and she tells me that they are getting the paperwork together, so take my time it's being pushed back to 1. 

I call up Erica and meet her for lunch.  Then make it back to the office at 1 for the closing.  Yea, well that didn't happen. They didn't have the papers yet.  We were brought back to a room, I was told to sit on the right side of the table.  Then I got to sign paper number one:


And then I waited.  And waited.  And then waited some more.  Then I remembered that I had my Kindle in my purse and I took that bad boy out and started some reading.  Well, then the woman comes in and says that "you have to leave at 2?"  while looking at me.  I was confused, and Trudy spoke up and said that she had to go to her grandson (maybe) graduation form bootcamp.  She woman then said well you can go ahead and we can continue once we get the papers.  Trudy then says, I'm sure she will feel more comfortable if I'm here for this.  The woman then states that the papers will not expire until the 26th.  And then at that point I have to look away because I know my eyes are tearing up and I can't say anything of they will fall down.  Trudy said, no we will close today and I will just have to go late.  Well, those tears eventually did fall...only a few drops but I was good.

So I continued reading, well past 2.  She kept popping in to say that they said they were sent over but we don't have them blah, blah, blah.
Finally almost 3pm the papers are in and I start to get signing them.  Do you know how hard it is to sign your name without your middle initial if every time you sign your name it's WITH your middle initial?  Yea, it's hard.  Try it sometime.  Out of there at 3:30, heading back to my house and meeting Dee and co at the house so she could take my pics. 

Yup, I was the dork that waited outside in the hot air because I didn't want t open the door without getting a picture.  Yea, I know you can't tell my a picture if it's the true first time or not but whatev.

Ok, bedtime.  Got lots of moving to do tomorrow.  Not too sure if this is all the stuff.  Actually, I know it's not but that's ok...it'll get done.

 

Ah timeline: Tomorrow: move boxes, go buy fridge; Sat: cleaning crew, painting party, move stuff; Sun: painting party, move stuff, pick up Dad; Monday: carpet cleaners, move stuff, painting party

No comments:

Post a Comment